Tang Chung Ling Ancestral Hall
Located between Lo Wai and Tze Tong Tsuen, the Tang Chung Ling Ancestral Hall was built in the 16th century to commemorate the founding ancestor, Tang Chung Ling. It is the communal ancestral hall of the Tangs in Lung Yeuk Tau, and is the largest and oldest ancestral hall in Fanling.
A number of renovations took place after the foundation, but the structure did not change much. A significant renovation was carried out in 1921. Two plaques showing 'Shui Wan Tong' were hung over the main entrance and the central chamber, and they are both marked with the same year. From 1940s to 1950s, the Ancestral Hall was used as a village school. A major renovation started in 1990 and was completed in 1992. An unveiling ceremony was held in 1993, and the Ancestral Hall was declared as a historical monument in 1997.
The most important function of the Tang Chung Ling Ancestral Hall is certainly as a venue of ancestral worship. It is also the meeting room for the entire clan. The clan head and its elders would gather in the Ancestral Hall to discuss matters affecting the clan. At other times the Ancestral Hall is also available for banquets organized by clan members as well as a place for leisure after work.
Different types of plaques are hung in the Ancestral Hall, most of which listed the official attainments of the clan members. These are clearly a demonstration of the clan's wealth and power.